Challenge Wins

My Crafty Friends

Wednesday 1 May 2013

Gingerbread Buttons

Hi everyone,

I had some lovely extra days off, we didn't do much as I still had my cold but is was nice to just be hanging around. I still did a little work, as I am falling a little bit behind after our holiday but I still got to sleep in and do a little crafting too.  But, today I'm back on my daily commute to work, coinciding with the new CCAYR Challenge for this month, the theme this time is "Use a Gingerbread image on your project, together with ribbon and at least 3 buttons". A little more complicated theme this month, but I am sure you will be able to create a project for it!

I had a little difficulty finding a ginger bread image in my stash, but in the end found one in a decoupage magazine, meant as part of a small gift tag. So I decided to use a tag on my card to fill out the front of the card a little more; I think it works but am curious to what you think.



Materials:
* Studio Light Decoupage image
* Dovecraft Noel & Let it Snow DPs
* K&Co Christmas Cheer Tag Pad
* Peacock Feather Distress Ink
* Dovecraft Back to Basics Christmas Vintage Buttons
* Dark Cocoa Sew Easy Floss
* Eline's Winterhuis sentiment stamp
* Ribbon from stash

Challenges:
* Charisma Cardz (Polka Dots)
* Southern Girls (Buttons, Badges or Flair)
* Crafts 4 Eternity (At least 3 patterned papers)
* Crafty Ribbons (Anything Goes with Ribbon)
* Crimbo Crackers (Anything Goes)
* Robin's Fetish (Spots or Stripes)
* Cutie Pie (Lots of Layers)
* Celebrate the Occasion (Anything Goes)
* Bearly Mine (Anything Goes)
* LEJ Designs (Anything Goes)

12 comments:

  1. Hi Ciska, fab image and layout. I really scratched my head with this one.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very original layout, I love it. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
    Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card
    Thanks for joining us at crafty ribbons
    Hugs Kelly DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks fine to me great tag card-thanks for joining us at Lej Designs
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Realy hard for me to get my head round Christmas , but your card Ciska is so cute and different !! Thanks for sharing it with us at Robyns Fetish this week !!

    Good luck sweeite !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really sweet card (no pun intended!) and I love the colours you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Ciska; very unusual card, thanks for participating with this card on our challenge Anything Goes with ribbon at Crafty Ribbons this fortnight and welcome back!!

    DT La Vikinga / Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card!
    Thank you for playing with us at Bearly Mine Challenges!
    Nela xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little Gingerbread man is adorable! Made a very cute card!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete