Challenge Wins

My Crafty Friends

Monday 17 January 2011

No Inspiration

Good evening all!

I've got a new card to show you, but I'm not happy with it. I guess inspiration doesn't come naturally to me, at least not every time ;)

Anyway, I've tried to make a card to fit the new DCD Christmas Challenge: Christmas Lace. I own precisely one bit of lace, so it wasn't too difficult to choose! I thought to let the lace frame the card, so far I really liked it. Then the backing paper, still ok, then.........................bye bye inspiration! Finally, after much trial and error, I finally decided to just put the sentiment on at a jaunty angle. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions on how to change it for the better! Maybe I'm just overly critical.




In the mean time, I want to submit the card to the following challenges:

* DCD Christmas Challenge (Christmas Lace)
* Winter Wonderland (Paws for Thought)
* Papertake Weekly (Cold and Frosty Morning)
* Sentimental Sundays (Winter plus a sentiment)

Well, that's all from me for this week, I will be back next Monday!

Ciska

6 comments:

  1. Don't be so harsh on yourself .. it's beautiful, simple and clean and the lace is gorgeous!!! and that pussy cat is so cute :o) thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club xx Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we are own worst critics. I like your card and the edging is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing needs changing. LOve it. Your lace is Gorgeous too. Thank you sooo much for joining us at Die cut Dreams Christmas Club.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a lovely creation and fabulous paws thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at the Winter Wonderland this week
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card. Sometimes you just have to make your project and be done with it. Everyone's creativity is different. Thanks for joining us at SS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet card! Thanks for joining in the Winter Wonderland Challenge this week.
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete